Thursday, August 03, 2006

New laptop and still no HNT

Ok this is my first post from the new Dell laptop. The old desktop will be getting some much needed fixes and upgrades soon and will be mainly used for storage of music and vehicles records. Yes that means I have too many vehicles if I have to keep records on a computer. The wireless router is kinda throwing me a curve and anyone with even a smidgen of computer knowledge who would not mind helping me with a few things I would greatly appreciate it. Seems the cable modem uses a USB connection and the router uses a ethernet connection. Do they make cables with one style connection on one end and other style on the other end? Do I need to get another modem for this to work right? I hate waiting on the phone for customer support so for now I have the laptop hooked straight into the cable using the USB connection. I am smart but not computer saavy for sure lol.
------------
Got a call earlier from Bonnie at Dr Schneider's office and she said if I feel I have full range of motion back by monday morning I can get a quick appointment scheduled and possibly be back to work by monday night assuming the company doctor will release me also.Great news for me and just what I was needing right about now. I still have a slight bit of tightness when I straighten the arm out but I am sure I can work through that within the next 5 days or so. Either way I will contact them and see if he will release me Monday which would be about a week and a half earlier than they had originally scheduled me for. About to head to the ole walking track now for about a four mile trek in the heat (only about 98 right now)

This is a late edit (as if anyone notices) but this will be the last blog for a while. I really do not enjoy blogging "for myself" all that much and without basically any feedback I feel thats what I have been doing lately. I might be back in a week....might be a month..who knows? I might just go back to using word to copy down my poems and maybe just share them on a website. I really have no idea what will be happening but I am just a bit fed up with all things internet related lately. I dont like being negative and seems everywhere I turn on the WWW i run into it. I will NOT live a NEGATIVE life and if that means staying away from the WWW altogether so be it. I am sure the few message boards I go to will still be visited but the blog is stalled for now. I do hope everyone appreciates the readers they have. At least most of the ones I read do get quite a few comments.....

BFN
Brad

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friend (frend), a person whom one knows well and is fond of; close acquaintance. a person on the same side in a struggle; ally. a supporter or sympathizer.
Such a very simple word with such a very simple meaning. being the case, why does it have to be so difficult at times?

Friend
by Gem

Into my world you came out of the blue
making a connection that not all can do

The hours would pass before we knew
with the tears and laughter shared, our friendship grew

Even though we are miles apart
your words always seemed to touch my heart

With your friendship came kindness
that seemed to take away the blindness

But some where along that path we've managed to stumble
causeing our friendship to steadly crumble

This I never intended to bare
as it has brought to my life much dispair

What do I do to find the joys we once had
will we ever talk without one of us getting mad

When all is said and done
I know I will miss the one

That I always considered a very dear friend
that I thought would be with me until the end

Please do not let this friendship die
for a friend is not supose to make you cry.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Hey hun, I'm sorry I've been gone for a week or so but my computer died on me AGAIN and I had to revive it AGAIN.. I read your blog every day when my box here is working correctly and I try to comment on everything. =) I'll miss you too but you better still write me on mysapce, or I'll hunt you down and pluck out your eyebrows.... yeah take that!
And one more thing... it's not nice to deprive a friend of a half nekkid picture on her birthday! =)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Oh, please dont leave.........I love reading your posts......If it will help......I will reread all of them again and post a comment on all.......Your blog on somedays is about the only thing that makes me smile.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Brad,
I have wireless and cable, but I am not exactly sure how it works. My boyfriend set mine up...he is a computer genious. I can ask him if you still need the help.
I am sorry that you still have stiffness in your arm...I hope that you get full range very soon.
I came over to tell you that I was very excited about something I did.
I figured a way to save the poem you wrote for me. I have saved it at the Castle under Royal Tributes and Awards. I have been wanting to put it in that category for some time, but I wan't sure how I could do it. So I took a screenprint of it, saved it to Paint then saved it to jpg then put it in a draft to get the url then linked it. It worked, and I just wanted to tell you. If you ever want to write any poems, I would love one anytime (maybe one for a princess at a Castle!) :)
Anyway, I don't want you to go away....I adore you.
I hope you will stick around and come visit me still.
~xo

11:15 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

If we blogged for comments...then we ar blogging for the wrong reasons. I don't know about anyon else...but I write the shit I write...for ME>. If I get comments...awesome. If not, it doesn't mean that people dont' like me or are feeling negative towards me. It means that maybe they just had nothing to say that day. I dunno. It's your choice but seems like this is an easy way out of something. Dunno what...and I am just speculating. Hopefully you will reconsider but I understand if you don't. This is not about the comments, Brad.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home