Thursday, August 17, 2006

Find your wings

A very awesome friend sent me a song this morning and I swear I have listened to this song about 15 times already. She said she thought of me and my daughter when she heard it. My daughter just turned 16 in June and she is well on her way to being an awesome young lady just as her mother is. I love her dearly and really regret missing out on a large portion of her life due to poor decisions on my part. All I will say about that for now is that if anyone has a young child and is a single dad...or mother for that matter......don't choose the bars and clubs over time that could have been spent being sober and enjoying seeing your child grow. I cannot get those years back for anything but I know if I am ever in the position to share another childs younger years ....I KNOW what choice I will take. She and I have our moments for sure and a lot of it is a bit of contempt for me not being there but also a lot of it I am sure is me trying to OVER correct the past. I love you Mallory and as my great friend so graciously said.....it IS such a beautiful song. The artist is Mark Harris and the song is Find Your Wings.

It's only for a moment you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you
Will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray
For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
You're walking in the truth
And If I never told you I want you to know
As I watch you grow
Chorus: I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings
May passion be the wind
That leads you through your days
And may conviction keep you strong
Guide you on your way
May there be many moments
That make your life so sweet
Oh, but more than memories
Chorus:
It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer as you fly
Chorus
__________________________
Thanks so much my dear friend for sharing the song with me. One of these days I would also like to share a short poem written by Mallory's mom for her 16th birthday. They are both such loving and caring people. As soon as I get the old computer going again I will share that. Please remind me to share this.....ok?:P
Sitting here at 8:34 waiting on the guys to fix my sheetrock (they were going to be here at 7:30)....Hope everyone has a great day!!
Brad

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

thanks for sharing that. i hope you and mallory are able to find a balance that allows for some new and good roots between the two of you that allows for some good flight together.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

That is a beautiful and honest post. I hope that you all can put the past behind you and grow together.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home