Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"I get smarter when I drink........."

Chelle left a comment on Sandi's blog about getting smarter when she drinks. This reminded me of my favorite philosopher Cliff Clavin from the little bar called Cheers and his Buffalo Theory on drinking and killing brain cells. I decided after seeing this for the first time that I had SURELY killed off all the weak brain cells during my many years of drinking. I am indeed the "Smartest Person Alive" for sure.

Anyway here is the ever intelligent Cliff explaining his Buffalo Theory.

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

If this man would have been Greek and born many centuries earlier he might have been right up there with Socrates or Plato....then again Socrates last drink was indeed a killer drink. Seems Hemlock has a different effect than Cliff's beer.
-----------------------------
Time to go get my walking and core workout done......someone please stop me from doing this......please??......I promise I won't hold it against you..........ok no one is speaking up so off to Dragon Park it is.

Ciao (shes in Nebraska so maybe I can use it without her knowing.....does Nebraska have electricity yet?)

Brad

2 Comments:

Blogger Phain said...

I'm with you in spirit on those core machines. I'll be hitting them myself on Friday...eekks!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Seriously, I have had a couple of margaritas....too tipsy tonight

Happy Wednesday, love me and the margaritas... sweet dreams!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home