Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Meet Betty, and shop progress

I mentioned on the last post (I think it was) about possibly going to FL to visit a longtime friend who lives in GA. I mentioned this to another "chat friend" who is also in GA, in the Army. She mentioned maybe swinging by to meet her if she has not shipped off to Iraq by then. As of right now she is scheduled to go back over there in August but there was a possibility she might go as soon as April.



Is she not just adorable? This is my friend Betty and we have chatted off and on for about 8 years or more I guess. I do hope to get to meet her this summer and hang out for a few days maybe. Just hoping she doesnt ship out early cause she might be over there for 18 months this time she said.
---------------
Johnny finally got started on my shop frame. He got most of it framed up and if weather cooperates (no rain or not too much wind) he should get the sheets hung on it tomorrow. Heres a few pics of what he did today. This first pic would be just inside the rollup doors looking toward my living area.



This view would be looking from the outside AT where the roll up doors will be.


I like this last shot as it shows what it will look like coming down the highway. I was hoping it would be kinda framed by the opening i cut through the trees and looks like it might work out like I planned haha.

-----------
My mom has many flowers and flower beds. She has the green thumb for the whole family I think. I took a couple pics of her tulips in bllom in just one of many beds she has and thought I would share some of her joy with y'all.




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! I am glad that you are going to meet your friends and have so much fun!

Your house is gonna look really cool and your mom's tulips brightened my night! :)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So great to see progress, and really nice to have seen the land in person on Saturday with you :) the pics of your mom's gorgeous flowers are amazing. You have such talent :)

have a great day
Hugs
Christie

6:11 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I hope you get to see Betty soon.
Framing looks good and the flowers are beautiful!
~xo

3:38 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

OMG...how can you not love an adorable face like that? What a smile she has.

Looks like things are really progressing along with the shop. I'll bet you're really happy with that. How much longer until it's done?

That flower bed brings back memories for me. My parents ALWAYS had a ton of flowers and would take pictures of them all the time. Now I find myself doing the same thing. I've turned into my mom...but you know, I can't think of a better person to be ;o)

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home