Monday, March 19, 2007

TRYING not be as a stone waiting to be struck

One of my best friends (and also the mother of my daughter) recently found a quote I really liked and anyone who knows me knows how much I like quotes. The quote is "Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes and by fulfilling them.” by Henri Frederic Amiel. Now of course upon seeing this quote I had to dig deeper. I have also mentioned how much I like Wikipedia in the past so to this resource I looked for more info on this man. Some of his other remarkable quotes I liked are........

"Women wish to be loved without a why or a wherefore; not because they are pretty, or good, or well-bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves.”

Learn to limit yourself, to content yourself with some definite thing, and some definite work; dare to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not and to believe in your own individuality.

The man who insists on seeing with perfect clearness before he decides, never decides

and finally...."A man without passion is only a latent force, only a possibility, like a stone waiting for the blow from the iron to give forth sparks"

I love to feel inspired and at the moment I truly do. This man lived from 1821-1881 yet his beliefs and thoughts still ring true today. I am definitely trying not to be the stone waiting on the blow from the iron. I stress the word TRYING cause sometimes it is easy to sit back and wait for lifes good things to come to you. Thanks Brenda for "sharing" the quote and I do hope you know I am here anytime you need me.
---------
I have this friend named Trish and she mentioned something this morning that is truly a sad thing no matter how hard hearted you are. She has a new 10 day old nephew and he was in the ER last night for 6 hours with trouble breathing. They care flighted him this afternoon to Dallas I think it was so please keep this infant and his family in your prayers. She mentioned this family had already lost one child to SIDS. Thanks for the prayers.

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

prayers for thsi child. how frightening. good list of quotes there. thanks for sharing.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the quotes...see one that I really like alot. Of course Trish's nephew will be in my prayers.

Hugs
Christie

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home